Thursday 24 October 2013

Box Cards

Here goes my first Blog post.!!!
I thought I would share with you my boxed cards. Made using Chloe's Creative Cards ready to assemble box cards. They come in a pack of 8. 4 8 X 8 and 4 A5 size. Ready scored you just assemble and add your own embellishments.  I've made three so far. 

This is the first using some of my favourite Indigo Blu stamps for the stags, trees, santa (inside) and snowflake border and a Stamps Away stamp for the village scene, The front images were all stamped with blue memento ink and embossed using clear embossing powder. 

The baubles, snowflakes and foliage are made using Spellbinders and Marianne die cuts. I made the background using a Clarity stamp mask and the same blue ink and stamped the stags, trees, santa and message. The bauble inside actual hangs and dangles in front of the scene.


For this one I used a Crafter's Companion Desire embossing folder to create the embossed background inside and outside the card. The sentiment is a Hunkydory one from last year (at least I've used it now!!) matted and layered with gold mirror card and another bit more embossed card.
 

The inside was made using Spellbinders die cut for the tree, bauble and corners and embellished with pearls. The Chloe large flower stamp I embossed in gold and white on white vellum and white card and cut them out to make the poinsettia's.

Finally, if you haven't drifted off. This is the A5 size and I used the Katy Sue designs Winter theatre card CD for the images inside and out. Together with a memory box border die for the front foliage and die cut the front owl images with a Spellbinders scalloped circle die.Of course I used a few pearls.

I used the same Memory box foliage die inside but chopped it up a bit together with a Spellbinders 'delites' die for the flowers and stuck these around the edges. The background and decoupaged owl image is all from the CD.

Hope you like them.   
Helen x

No comments:

Post a Comment